ALSAN 870 RS
ALSAN 870 RS is a PMMA-based, flexible, self-levelling mortar for functional areas, such as roof terraces, balconies and multi-storey car parks. In Alsan waterproofing systems it serves as protection for the waterproofing layer. When used in surfacing systems it is applied as a thick-film coating.
- Used for areas exposed to mechanical loads (pedestrians, vehicles…)
- Cost-efficient coating solution on surfaces without cracks or with only hairline cracks
- Fully bonded to the substrate, therefore no water ingress
- Easy and fast application
- Can be applied to almost all substrates (when combined with ALSAN Primers)
Consumption: 4 kg/m2
- Suitable mixer (ex. paint mixer)
Applying of the product:
- Coating trowel with triangular teeth (6 x 6 mm)
- Smoothing trowel
The self-levelling mortar can be applied either to the hardened ALSAN Primer or to the hardened
ALSAN 770 waterproofing layer.
First stir the base resin (ALSAN 870 R) thoroughly and transfer to a mixing container.
Add the sand (ALSAN 870 S) to the resin while stirring and continue until a smooth consistency is achieved
(no lumps). Then add the catalyst whilst stirring at a low speed for 2 minutes. Make sure that all material on the side
and base of the pot is mixed in. At temperatures below 10 °C the product should be stirred for 4 minutes
as the catalyst will take longer to dissolve.
ALSAN 870 R can of 10 kg
ALSAN 870 S bag of 23 kg
The components are supplied without ALSAN 070 catalyst.
even for brief periods, for example on site. Consequently, the products must not be exposed to direct
sunlight or kept in a vehicle. Unopened products have a shelf life of at least 12 months. After opening,
reseal the packaging so it is completely airtight.